Holding a food drive for your local food bank is a simple and rewarding process. With the need as great as ever before, now is the perfect time to hold a food drive.
- Identify and contact your regional or local food bank. They will be happy to hear you are considering holding a food drive!
- Find out if they have any specific needs in the way of non-perishable food.
- Identify, contact and get agreement from "your community" (this may be your faith congregation, service club, fellow employees, neighborhood, school, etc.) to collect food for a pre-determined amount of time.
- If you are in a community with several organizations similar to yours, we encourage you to work together and schedule non-competing drives so that your regional or local food bank has an on-going flow of food to help them meet the needs.
- Deliver the food to the food bank.
- Start over next month!
Non-perishable food Items most needed:
Canned Protein: Chicken, Tuna, Chili, Beef Stew, Beans
Canned Fruits & Vegetables: Tomatoes, Apricots, Peaches, Peas, etc.
Enriched Pasta: Spaghetti, Macaroni & Cheese, etc.
Oatmeal & Cereal
Dried Fruits & Nuts
Life Sharing Center, Inc.